The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SSL Installation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by aeth, May 9, 2012.

1. aeth

aeth Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The VPS platform I'm operating from has one assigned IP address, which is currently set as a "shared" IP Address, however there is only one user on the VPS. Would I be able to change this so it is a Dedicated IP address?

I am currently encountering the problem that I cannot install the SSL as the specified user because the IP isn't 'dedicated'.

When I created the SSL for the user 'nobody' which the error message recommends (for a shared ssl) when trying to view the site as https:// all I receive is an Internal Service Error, which after research is because of a UID mismatch between the users 'nobody' and the user which the website is stored on.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

You would need to add an additional IP address to the server to avoid installing the certificate under the "nobody" username. However, the following thread provides instructions on how to avoid the "500 internal server error" when using the shared IP address:

SSL Certificate on "nobody" user with suPHP

Thank you.