The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SSL issue after cpanel & apache update?

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by S7S-Wayne, May 29, 2008.

1. S7S-Wayne

S7S-Wayne Registered

I have a strange issue that I cannot seem to get figured out.

One of our servers has been running php4 & php5 for quite some time, before we were even using EA3. Last night, we needed to recompile Apache, and decided to build Apache1 with PHP4 as DSO and PHP5 as CGI to replace our current configuration. All went ok, with the exception of some vhost entries needing some manual changes afterwards. PHP4 must remain default on this box for now.

Now, the issue is:
    We have a shared installation of SquirrelMail for customers to use, and this is set as an Alias on the server. So anydomain.com/squirrel/ will send them to our SquirrelMail installation. This worked properly until the upgrade.

Users can login fine, but when sending a message or deleting/moving a message, they are greeted with the lovely Firefox error code -12263.
    Apache logs show:
    [error] Invalid method in request \\x16\\x03\\x01

Which, as far as I know, is an SSL error. The thing is, users are not logging in via SSL, webmail through cPanel works just fine, it's only this installation causing the issue.

Some other info:
    - Accessing cPanel / WHM via SSL or non-SSL works just fine, no errors either via IP or via hostname or user domain name
    - I reset the shared SSL cert on the server just to see if that had an impact, no change.
    - /webmail/ works fine.

Any thoughts on this are much appreciated.