The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SSL Key Issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mattwcu, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Mattwcu

Mattwcu Member

We purchased an SSL from RapidSSL.com, and tried to install it. When using "Install an SSL Certificate and Setup the Domain", the Key is not found. We already have a self signed SSL on there just fine, but wanted to upgrade to a "real" one. The domain is on its own IP address.

We called the RapidSSL support and they told us to regenerate the certificate and email it to them. However, after filling out the Generate an SSL form, I click create, and the screen just goes blank. I have yet to receive my CSR in an email to send to them.

Any idea what could cause these errors? Both the key missing and the CSR not being sent? I am pasting the CRT file right into the Install area. I click on the Fetch button and it says it can't be found.

Please help!

-Mattwcu

2. Trigger

Trigger Well-Known Member

When you ordered the certificate from Rapidssl.com you must have supplied a CSR as part of the process of generating a CSR you get two emails from cPanel one is the CSR and the other is the RSA Private Key. This is the key file you need for the certificate install.

If you check in WHM under SSL/TLS >> SSL Manager it should list all the Key, CSR and CRTs for domains in your account. Is their any entries for your domain?

Their may be some listed as .old these are ones that have been replaced, you may be able to get the .key file information from here.

AS for it just locking up I have not seen that before sorry.

3. Mattwcu

Mattwcu Member

Not Working

Thanks for the response. I have several old key files for this domain, but unfortunately, none of them match the RapidSSL .crt file. They are all from the self generated SSLs. When I try to copy and paste one of those keys in there, it tells me I have a module mismatch. I do have the original CSR in an email and also the original CRT from RapidSSL. However, they said they need to send me a new one because the server appears to have lost the key associated with it. Its not that I don't believe them, I just don't see why it would behave that way since this is the first time I'm trying to install it.

Help!http://forums.cpanel.net/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=182594#
    Confused