Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SSL Not active anymore on my WHM

Discussion in 'Security' started by 360webfirm, Apr 21, 2017.

1. 360webfirm

360webfirm Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I noticed a few days ago that my SSL is not active on my WHM anymore. This use to be green padlock and secure, now its showing https:// with a red line through and ask me to verify if I want in..

I just purchased another account for another customer and it too is not green pad locked, but shows warning when logging in and not secure anymore.

Anyone know what is going on?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Could you provide some more information about the system and the URL you are using to access Web Host Manager? For instance, is it through an individual domain name, or the server's hostname? Also, are you using port 2087 in the URL, or accessing it over "whm.domain.tld"? Please post the output from the following command as well:

Code:
    cat /usr/local/cpanel/version
    Thank you.

3. 360webfirm

360webfirm Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I am trying to access my site like this https://xxxxx.vps.ovh.ca:2087/ and this is a NEW server for another customer and I got an email with a certificate, did autofill and seemed to work, restarted services and still not green pad lock. I am also failing BIG time with PCI Compliance after moving a customers website over from plesk to C Panel and it made it worse.

I have another server main VPS server using c panel and it was always green pad lock until recently and I did not change anything or the url I go to for it. Got an email about this also and said c panel will install, but that had been close to a week ago!

I just want my server secure, green pad locked, and be able to pass the PCI compliance stuff for the new customer.

4. 24x7server

24x7server Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  5. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Does the other server also use a hostname with the provider's domain name? If not. you may need to change the hostname on the server so that it utilizes it's own domain name instead of the one offered by the provider. You can read more about the hostname SSL certificate at:

Free cPanel-Signed Hostname Certificate - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

Thank you.