cPanel Version: 102.0.18

tamami

Registered
Jun 12, 2022
NYC U.S.A.
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hi cPanel Forum
My name is Tamami. I am brand new to the forum (only my "intro" was posted earlier)...
I have this issue that even when I peruse the "similar" threads does not help me and I hope my attachments below will help anyone on cPanel forum who may
have a solution.
In advance: Thank you for your precious time and attention to my assistance.
My SSL (somehow switched by Avahost my hosting provider in April 2022 to Let's Encrypt free) is due to expire 6/16/2022
I had no knowledge of this switch in SSL certificates. As of 2018 when Avahost set up the original SSL all the way to April 2022 I have never been aware of any need to be aware of any type of SSL renewal impending.
It always auto renewed without incident and ran under my radar for 4 years....until now

Somehow Let's Encrypt (and I have posted about 12 separate posts for assistance on their forum) forum assistance people (all very helpful and kind) have come to the conclusion that according to my records in images attached that the in place Auto Renew SHOULD
work and that they see no issue of bugs of any kind in their checking on them....

YET after multiple attempts as you see in my images the SSL does NOT renew
I have 3 days left....
Avahost is NOT answering me at all. They are my host provider and have seemingly run away...
1. MAKING SURE ALL SITES ARE INCLUDED IN AUTO RENEW
2. RUNNING AUTO RENEW
3. SHOWING COMPLETED RENEW
4. YET NOTHING ACTUALLY RENEWS AND I STILL GET THESE EMAILS FROM CPANEL AS WARNINGS....TO "DO" something....(?)
I do no know what to do now....
Once more thank you for any assistance....
with best wishes,
tamami

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

tamami

Registered
Jun 12, 2022
NYC U.S.A.
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hi cPanel forum and cPRex:
Thank you for your assistance.
My SSL was successfully auto renewed today….by my hosting service...
The confusion initailly that I had to "take action to secure site" came from cPanel informational email here explicitly stating I must, “take action to secure my site”
when in reality there was NO action for me to take…Avahost auto renews these SSL at a much closer date to expiration than cPanel and I expected…
but maybe the cPanel email could be re-worded so customers do not have to feel it is mandatory to for them personally to “take action to secure site” when
all that does is force the customer to feel there actually IS some “action” they need to take….when in reality there is none…
I hope this helps…but no matter what thank you for caring to take your time to assist me.
You were very kind to take your precious time and I hope this may even help another person who received the same type of informational email...
with best wishes
tamami

Attachments