Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

SSL not automatically renewing as expected

Discussion in 'Security' started by webserverz1, Nov 27, 2018.

1. webserverz1

webserverz1 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    since cpanel ssl did not renew automatically, just found out a couple days ago it expired, i manually refreshed the ssl in whm.

i am referring to the hostname ssl for cpanel services.

in cpanel it now says
    Self-Signed 11/27/19

going to ssh and putting in this results in the following:
    # /usr/local/cpanel/bin/checkallsslcerts
    The cPanel Store is processing the hostname certificate request.
    The system will check the cPanel Store again the next time that “/usr/local/cpanel/bin/checkallsslcerts” runs.

It's been a few hours now and still the same. I saw online reading on a web search someone said it takes cpanel 48 hours. This is nonsense. First it should have renewed automatically like it did previous years. What's done is done though. Second 48 hours is unacceptable. I need it NOW as my clients are wondering what the problem is.

I don't see any way to temporarily use letsencrypt or even a paid ssl because i can't upload the verification file anywhere for the hostname.

no i don't need to clear browser cache. It is running the self-signed certificate hence the error. No the problem is not on my end. no you cannot have access to my account to take a look. you only need to finish submitting my ssl request immediately.

therefore i need cpanel to expedite my request so my web hosting logins are not coming up invalid due to waiting for cpanel to submit my free comodo signed ssl that comes as part of my cpanel license subscription as default for all users. cpanel already costs way too much, the least you can do for this ultra expensive subscription for nothing in return is to at least give me my signed root ssl quickly.

Also see this output

Code:
    # /usr/local/cpanel/bin/checkallsslcerts --verbose
    The system will attempt to replace the self-signed certificate for the “cpanel” service with a signed certificate from the cPanel Store.
    The system will attempt to replace the self-signed certificate for the “exim” service with a signed certificate from the cPanel Store.
    The system will attempt to replace the self-signed certificate for the “dovecot” service with a signed certificate from the cPanel Store.
    The system will attempt to replace the self-signed certificate for the “ftp” service with a signed certificate from the cPanel Store.
    The system will check the cPanel Store again the next time that “/usr/local/cpanel/bin/checkallsslcerts” runs.

#1 webserverz1, Nov 27, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2018
  2. webserverz1

webserverz1 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    DO NOT EDIT THE TITLE!! THIS IS NOT ASKING ABOUT THE AUTORENEW!!!

THE QUESTION IS:
    CPANEL ROOT SSL DID NOT AUTOMATICALLY RENEW, MANUALLY GENERATED INSECURE SSL CERT

since cpanel ssl did not renew automatically, just found out a couple days ago it expired, i manually refreshed the ssl in whm.

i am referring to the hostname ssl for cpanel services.

in cpanel it now says
    Self-Signed 11/27/19

going to ssh and putting in this results in the following:
    Code:
    # /usr/local/cpanel/bin/checkallsslcerts --verbose
    The system will attempt to replace the self-signed certificate for the “cpanel” service with a signed certificate from the cPanel Store.
    The system will attempt to replace the self-signed certificate for the “exim” service with a signed certificate from the cPanel Store.
    The system will attempt to replace the self-signed certificate for the “dovecot” service with a signed certificate from the cPanel Store.
    The system will attempt to replace the self-signed certificate for the “ftp” service with a signed certificate from the cPanel Store.

It's been a few hours now and still the same. I saw online reading on a web search someone said it takes cpanel 48 hours. This is nonsense. First it should have renewed automatically like it did previous years. What's done is done though. Second 48 hours is unacceptable. I need it NOW as my clients are wondering what the problem is.

I don't see any way to temporarily use letsencrypt or even a paid ssl because i can't upload the verification file anywhere for the hostname.

no i don't need to clear browser cache. It is running the self-signed certificate hence the error. No the problem is not on my end. no you cannot have access to my account to take a look. you only need to finish submitting my ssl request immediately.

therefore i need cpanel to expedite my request so my web hosting logins are not coming up invalid due to waiting for cpanel to submit my free comodo signed ssl that comes as part of my cpanel license subscription as default for all users. cpanel already costs way too much, the least you can do for this ultra expensive subscription for nothing in return is to at least give me my signed root ssl quickly.

#2 webserverz1, Nov 27, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2018
  3. webserverz1

webserverz1 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    acces cpanel at example.my.domain:2083

hostname in example is
    example.my.domain

WHERE to upload the ssl verification FILE (needed for free ssl)?

cpanel ssl is not working because of days long delays for ssl so i need to verify it immediately. Where to upload the ssl verification file?

It needs to be ACCESSED FROM THE PUBLIC WEB here

example.my.domain/.well-known/acme-challenge/randomstringgenerated45v67n89o

I am ADMIN and have ROOT ACCESS through FTP

#3 webserverz1, Nov 27, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2018
  4. s0n1k

s0n1k Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    i have the same problem since last update,
    the root is showing as not protected (http) and after i delete and re-add my SSL certificate I have the same result.

5. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hello @webserverz1 @s0n1k

I am sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. Unfortunately, without the hostname of the server, I'm not able to check on the request to Comodo and we do not allow that information to be added here. I would suggest that in order to rectify this situation you open a ticket with us using the link in my signature. Once it's open please update this thread with the ticket ID so we can provide updates here.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...