The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SSL oddities

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rob_Xeno-Tech, Jun 20, 2005.

1. Rob_Xeno-Tech

Rob_Xeno-Tech Member

We recently moved our server, and transfered all the user accounts using the transfer utility in WHM. After the move, customers that had SSL certs installed found that they no longer worked. Our own website had an SSL cert installed as well, it isnt working either. We checked everything to make sure that the clients had dedicated IP's, and that the certs had transfered ok. When they still didnt work, we tried to re-issue the certs, but found that we could not remove the old ones. For some odd reason, when we tried to delete the keys, csr, and certs, we got this error:
    (note that I replaced domain 'domain')

The Certificate Signing Request for 'domain' cannot be fully deleted, because it is installed in the system ssl directory!

I've looked all over on the server through SSH trying to find the SSL certs, and I've not found anything yet. Any help on this would be appreciated, thanks!

2. hicom

hicom Well-Known Member

check in /usr/share/ssl/ this is the location of SSL / Private keys on cPanel server

When you try to access SSL site, do you get an error or does the page time out ?

If times out, then check your Apache config file and make sure the SSL parameters for each dedicated IP is setup correctly, and you might have to trace the location of .crt , .key and the CACertificate .crt . I hope you still have backups of your old certificates.

3. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    when you move accounts via WHM copy account you have to set up the ssl domain again (& asign it an ip if you did not do so durring the transfer

4. Rob_Xeno-Tech

Rob_Xeno-Tech Member

We did finally find the certs, apparently Cpanel attempted to set up the SSL on its own during the transfer, but for some odd reason, none of them worked. Maybe the transfer system should not transfer certs?

5. Trigger

Trigger Well-Known Member

The certificate files are supposed to be included as part of the account to be moved but like moving mail accounts not everything goes smoothly. Always keep a backup of the certificate and key files with them you can reinstall the certificate on any server if you move the account.