The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SSL only for

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Gianfilippo Balestriero, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Gianfilippo Balestriero

Jan 25, 2016
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Guys,
    i've already purchased an SSL certificate for a subdomain

However, i need to install it only on this subdomain and not on entire webmail service of my WHM.

When i try to apply the certificate, WHM ask me to create a subdomain and then apply the certificate, but the subdomain already exists as a DNS zone for

If i try to create a as a subdomain it bypass the webmail rules and redirect me to

How can i install this certificate only for with normal webmail service only for one domain?

Thanks and sorry for my english.
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

There's no support for SSL certificates on a per-domain basis on services such as cPanel/WHM/Webmail. You can vote and add feedback to the active feature request for this at:

SSL certificate per domain on all services

The workaround available to you is to disable proxy subdomains, and install your own Webmail application onto the individual account under the "webmail" subdomain. Further information on this topic is found at:

Proxy Subdomains Use the cPanel Service SSL - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

Thank you.