The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SSL over hostname

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mike25, Feb 27, 2007.

1. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

How do you go about setting up SSL to work over the hostname of the server? Is this something that is not supported by cpanel? I have tried changing the server cert using the one I have purchased but that seems to do nothing at all. webmail/whm etc links are all still using the old cert. I have manually edited my httpd.conf and managed to get SSL running for the hostname, but now it will not load the document root directory for some reason, so I can not use the cert for shared SSL as well. Surely there is a simple way to just paste a cert and have all of this setup, I would imagine this is a pretty common setup. why is it such a pain to do? The only way that I can locate to do this via WHM is to create an account, but you can not create an account for the hostname. It seems every year when I renew my certs I have to go through this same hassle. am I missing something here?