The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SSL problem when installing for whm/Cpanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cboler, Mar 3, 2006.

1. cboler

cboler Registered

Hi,

I am having trouble installing an SSL certificate I purchased into CPanel and WHM itself. The problem I am having is that I get connection timed out or similar in Firefox, and "Cannot find server" in IE. The certificate appears to install correctly. I installed it by going into WHM, clicking SSL/TLS (note, not Web SSL/TLS) and then selecting Change Server Certificates, selecting CPanel / WHM and entering the certificate information into the 3 text areas. The certificate verifies and it says "restarting ssl support". However, whenever I try to access the panels via SSL, it just will not work. The SSL certificate matches the hostname of the server, and the IP addresses resolve correctly. What could be wrong with it? I have since reformatted and reinstalled CPanel/WHM but to no avail... The supposed SSL certificate that is meant to come with Cpanel / WHM did not work either. Has anyone else experienced this? I have searched the forums but nothing that I have found seems to help.

CPanel's error log reports:

Internal Error: "" Normal Connection Timeout (Probably closed browser on a HTTP/1.1 session) at cpsrvd.pl line 1470.
    unable to load certificate
    10102:error:0906D06C:PEM routines:PEM_read_bio:no start line:pem_lib.c:642:Expecting: TRUSTED CERTIFICATE
    Child [10163]: exited with signal 13
    Child [11622]: exited with signal 13
    Content-type: text/html

I don't understand. Unable to load certificate, but it installed correctly?

#1 cboler, Mar 3, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2006
  2. cboler

cboler Registered

For anyone else having this issue, check that xinetd is not listening on the secure ports. Thanks to Michael of the Cpanel team for helping me clear this up.