The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SSL Problem with CPanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by motionhosting, Dec 27, 2005.

1. motionhosting

motionhosting Member

Hi,

I've been using CPanel for a short time, tried searching the forum, but couldn't find description of my problem. Here's the problem.

I tried installing a genuine certificate on one of my hosting accounts via CPanel. Although everything seemed to work fine and the certificate installed properly and CPanel didn't complain about any problems during the process the certificate wasn't working at the end. Afterwards I deleted everything and installed the certificate from WHM and it works. My datacenter told me that the SSL installation in CPanel is not working properly and I should install the SSL certificates via WHM only. The strange thing is if it doesn't work via CPanel why is this functionality there and hasn't been fixed?

2. madaboutlinux

madaboutlinux Well-Known Member

I guess Chirpy will answer you in a better way than anybody else. :)

3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

There are some recent fixes to the SSL code for resellers/users (only in EDGE and CURRENT at present) so they will come down to your release tree, or you could try moving to CURRENT. Check the cPanel changelog.