Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SSL problems on new server

Discussion in 'Security' started by Inkswitch, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Inkswitch

Inkswitch Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi, I am having some issues with SSL on a newly setup server. I make a lot of Wordpress sites, and I exclusively use CloudFlare and the flexible SSL option. I do not use auto-ssl. I have successfully installed both mod_ssl and mod_cloudflare on the server. The green lock shows up ok in the address bar

When I went to install my blog, I noticed the install page looked crazy, something like I have never seen before. Looks like this: [removed]

The thing is, no images are loading, and Chrome is reporting that This page is trying to load scripts from unauthenticated sources: The site you're visiting is not secure.

So I create a quick little php page and query the server variable $_SERVER['SERVER_PORT'] and it is telling me that the server is loading on port 80, and this is while accessing it over https. You can see it here: [removed]

[removed]

I have used this exact same setup with Wordpress and Cloudflare flexible SSL and have never had any problems. This has shown up for the first time now on a new server, so I think/hope this is a configuration issue. I believe the issue with the https connection and port 80 is the root cause of my issue, but I don't know where I should go to fix this. If anyone could point in the right direction, that would be awesome, thanks.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Can you reproduce the issue with a text-only HTML page? The issue you described is sometimes the result of directly linking to unsecure resources within a script.

Thank you.