Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SSL questions

Discussion in 'Security' started by evilside, May 12, 2017.

1. evilside

evilside Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi

I am new in cPanel. I have several questions about the Letsencrypt SSL certificates.

I created an AutoSSL certificate for my domain and enabled feature for auto renew expired certificates. OK

I installed the same certificate for Devocot, Exim, FTP, Calendar, cPanel, WebDisk, Webmail, and WHM Services. But, I think that WHM only copied the certificate, thus the renovation not will affect the certificates of these services. I am wrong?

Second question: How I disable conections without SSL toward my SMTP server? I want that clients (Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.) use only the ports 465/587.

2. cPanelJasonT

cPanelJasonT Level 2 Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,
    The AutoSSL system is Automatic. Part of the nightly cpanel update process checks the AutoSSL certificates and reissues and installs them for all hosts and services for which AutoSSL is enabled. This is also done automatically when the certificates expire.

SSL connections for SMTP services can be mandated with the option in WHM Home »Service Configuration »Exim Configuration Manager called
    "Require clients to connect with SSL or issue the STARTTLS command before they are allowed to authenticate with the server."

This option is enabled by default.
    Documentation for this feature is available here:
    Exim Configuration Manager - Version 64 Documentation - cPanel Documentation

3. evilside

evilside Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Perfect. Thanks you!