The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SSL security alert popup?

Discussion in 'Security' started by caplock, Oct 13, 2003.

1. caplock

caplock Registered

I've install an SSL certificate from Geotrust before and everthing works fine. Now I just installed another SSL for another domain (which have it own IP) and everything seem to work. The only problem I have now is when I try to visit the secure web page, I get a popup message of security alert below:

"The security certificate was issued by a company you have not chosen to trust. View the certificate to determine whether you want to trust the certifying authority."

I did a restart on httpd and also did a server reboot but I still get the same message.

Anyone know how to fix this and get rid of the security alert message, please help me out.

Thanks

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. haze

haze Well-Known Member

Check your html to make sure you aren't calling any images ( or other files ) by the unsecured URL. If you must call them by the URL, make sure to call them via https. else call them from the directory.

3. RandyO

RandyO Well-Known Member

I would guess that this cert is not from geotrust. Who ever you got the cert from sent you 3 certs, one will be theirs.

If you install it, the message will go away. You will need a link so that your customers can install the same certificate however so that they will not get the same message.

4. Jemshi

Jemshi Well-Known Member

the popup wont be there if you have properly installed with all the three below:

cert
    key
    ca-bundle.