SSL Storage Change in cPanel 68

sparek-3

Aug 10, 2002
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Prior to cPanel 68, installed SSL storage information was in the YAML file:

/var/cpanel/ssl/installed/ssl.db

This does not appear to be the case starting with cPanel 68. I found where the release notes state that the SSL Storage system was changed in cPanel 68, to an sqlite database.

I do see that the sqlite database:

/var/cpanel/ssl/apache_tls/.index.sqlite

now exists. Before I dig too deep into this. Is this information correct?

If I was previously parsing /var/cpanel/ssl/installed/ssl.db for SSL information, I now need to change this to read from the /var/cpanel/ssl/apache_tls/.index.sqlite sqlite database?

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hi @sparek-3

We did move to a SQLite storage format for this. The following shows the tables within that database

Code:
sqlite> .databases
seq  name             file
---  ---------------  ----------------------------------------------------------
0    main             /var/cpanel/ssl/apache_tls/.index.sqlite
1    temp
sqlite> .tables
metadata            vhost_certificates
sqlite>
I also confirmed that rebuilding the installed SSL db with /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/rebuildinstalledssldb does indeed update /var/cpanel/ssl/apache_tls/.index.sqlite where /var/cpanel/ssl/installed/ssl.db is not being updated.

Thank you,

sparek-3

Aug 10, 2002
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I suppose the better solution would be to use the fetch_ssl_vhosts API call. This will retrieve information from the database, regardless of which storage mechanism is being used.

I never thought to check on an API call for this.

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hi @sparek-3

Being unaware of what you're doing I am sorry I didn't recommend that before. That would be the more advisable solution - the likelihood of the API for that changing is much less than the storage method, though now with SQLite I don't believe it will be changing in the near future either way.