The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SSL Transfer & CA Bundle Transfer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wrender, Oct 21, 2015.

1. wrender

wrender Well-Known Member

I am moving about 100 cPanel websites from one server to another. A large amount of the websites have SSL certificates. Following the instructions at How to Move All cPanel Accounts from One Server to Another - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

I've pre-copied over the folder /etc/ssl to the new server, but with a trial transfer the SSL do not transfer and a warning message is displayed at the end of the transfer.

When I login to the new server, to install the SSL certificate I can click the "SSL/TLS" cPanel icon and then choose "Manage SSL Hosts" and then choose the domain and choose "AutoFill by domain" it populates the crt, and private key, but it is missing the CA Bundle and errors when I choose to install the SSL certificates.

Is there a way to pre-copy over the CA Bundles to speed up the process?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

The certificates should automatically copy over during the transfer process. Could you let us know the specific error message you receive?

Thank you.

3. wrender

wrender Well-Known Member

I think I was a little confused because of the documentation. It mentions having to manually copy over the SSL certificates.

When I ended up setting up the new servers, and did the cPanel transfer it copied over all of the SSL certificates properly, including the CA Bundles... really happy with the cPanel transfer tool. It's great.

One account which had a few subdomains with SSL's on those subdomains did not install the SSL certificate, but I just had to click "AutoFill by domain" on those and click install and it installed them.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator