The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ssl/tsl

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SwiftyUK, Mar 12, 2006.

1. SwiftyUK

SwiftyUK Registered

I've just setup SSL/TSL on my domain but I want to delete them because eI think I have done something wrong, how can I delete them because I cannot delete anything in cPanel >> SSL Manager as I get the following error

"The key for wkdhosting.net has been deleted.
    The Key for myhost.com cannot be fully deleted, because it is installed in the system ssl directory!

The Certificate Signing Request for myhost.com cannot be fully deleted, because it is installed in the system ssl directory!

The Certificate for myhost.com cannot be fully deleted, because it is installed in the system ssl directory!"

Also, once I have done my cert, can I use SSL/TSL with email? At the moment when ever I receive email from my mail server it says "You have attempted to establish a connection with mail.myhost.com. However, the security certificate presented belongs to manchester.micfo.com....."

Can I now change that and use myhost.com?

#1 SwiftyUK, Mar 12, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2006
  2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

If you are an end-user you will need to ask your hosting provider to help you. If you're the server admin then you need to ensure that the secure virtualhost container has been removed from httpd.conf and that the various cert files have been removed from /usr/share/ssl/*

3. SwiftyUK

SwiftyUK Registered

I am an enduser, not server admin so I will check with my host.