The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SSL Warnings

Discussion in 'Security' started by captainron19, Feb 10, 2015.

1. captainron19

captainron19 Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Clients on my domain are receiving SSL warnings ever since I was moved to a new server.

I purchased an SSL Certificate via godaddy which is under my server name (server1.mydomain.com)

Clients currently accessing webmail by going to www.theirdomain.com are getting the SSL error. At least Firefox allows them to ad an exception and proceed but google chrome and IE still make the errors pop up.

I did notice that if I went to server1.mydomain.com/webmail the SSL error does not pop up on Chrome

Does anyone have any recommendation on what I can do to make it easier for people on my server to access email using their own domain/webmail without the SSL errors?

I have 30+ websites and cannot aford to purchase an SSL cert for every single domain on server

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

You can change the redirection settings under the "Redirection" tab in:

"WHM Home » Server Configuration » Tweak Settings"

Use "Hostname" or "SSL Certificate Name" to ensure the users are redirected to the hostname associated with the SSL certificate.

Thank you.