The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SSL Woes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by b0wser, Jun 2, 2005.

1. b0wser

b0wser Member

Hi,

I'm trying to install an SSL certificate for a domain, but whenver I access the domain via SSL, Firefox gives me an error messages saying: "The connection to domain.com has terminated unexpectedly. Some data may have been transferred." Internet Explorer gives a Page Cannot Be Displayed error.

When viewing the https on the IP assigned to the certifcate there are no problems at all.

Can anyone suggest anything?

2. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    your home computers firewall???

3. Trigger

Trigger Well-Known Member

When you say
    Do you mean that you get no popup warnings at all?
    You should if you installed the certificate correctly, the certificate should be issued to the domain name and not the IP address.

Sounds like the virtual host entry in httpd.conf is corrupted (ie. the install for the certificate got stuffed up)

Did you follow the instructions from the company you purchased the certificate from.

FireFox unlike IE gives you a little more information about why things failed, the error message you are getting suggests that the domain you are trying to access does not have an SSL certificate assigned to it.

You can either go in and check the settings yourself or just try to install the certificate again and hope that it overwrites the information correctly this time.

4. b0wser

b0wser Member

I've tried re-installing the certificate again, but with the same problems.

It's a self signed certificate that was requested by a client and he doesn't have any instructions for it.

I tried leaving the IP field blank but WHM forced me to enter an IP.

Any other suggestions?