The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ssl wrapper error

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AKGR, Apr 6, 2009.

1. AKGR

AKGR Registered

Hi,
    I have this error when i try install ssl in my cpanel:

Install/Update A SSL Host

Your SSL certificate failed to install on your site.
    Error from ssl wrapper: Sorry, the system admin has not enabled this feature.

Someone would have some solution?

Sorry about my english

I resolved this, if someone has the same problem, here is the solution:

Go in WHM >> Server Configuration >> Tweak Settings >> in System / Use native SSL support if possible, negating need for Stunnel disable the box >> click in Save

Is it

#1 AKGR, Apr 6, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  2. freemenow

freemenow Registered

Thanks! It worked!

Thanks for posting this solution. It worked!

3. 4arter

4arter Registered

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I bought a 3-year cert and thought I had messed it up somehow. I am so glad this fix worked, but based on the error message I would never have figured out what the problem was.

Why aren't error messages more informative?

For others finding this fix, WHM has the box checked by default. Uncheck, then save. The attachment image shows where.

Attached Files:

4. PhilGlau

PhilGlau Active Member

I just ran into this error on 2011-01-13 using WHM 11.28.48 and the tweak now seems to be called:

SSL Support for cPanel daemons (no stunnel).

It was "on" already, I was still getting the error listed above, so I turned it 'off', then back 'on' and now it seems to allow me to install SSL cert on an IP host using the cPanel.

5. thakorey

thakorey Registered

yes, same here. I have WHM ver 11.28.87 and the only option I saw in WHM >> Server Configuration >> Tweak Settings >> System was "Allow cPanel users to install SSL Hosts if they have a dedicated IP". The default option was "yes" and it was on yes, but I was getting the same SSL wrapper error mentioned above. As mentioned by PhilGlau's post above, I switched this option off and saved the settings (it gave some error message in implementing this but it did shut this option off, and then I switched this option on and saved it (no error messages this time), and then I had no problem installing SSL certs from cpanel.