The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

start from scratch

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FearlessG1, May 13, 2006.

1. FearlessG1

FearlessG1 Active Member

it started with one problem and by following instructions on how to correct it, i now have more problems than i can deal with. is there anyway to completely make cpanel revert back to the initial install short of having to pay my dedicated provider $50 to do an os reload? thanks for any help you can offer.

-Victor

2. cooldude7273

cooldude7273 Well-Known Member

No ways that I know of. What are your problems?

3. FearlessG1

FearlessG1 Active Member

thank you for a reply. here are my other two threads i had with my problems.

http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=52866

and

http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=52666

i also followed instruction on a thread to downlgrade mysql and now my apache wont start even with a server restart. i get an the following error in whm "Unable to obtain apache version information. Your apache server at ***.***.***.*** may be down, or unreachable."

i am beyond desperate now. thought linux was supposed to be a cheaper hosting than windows but with all the problems i have had and the posibility of a 2nd os reload in 1 week, starting to wish i had stuck with what i know.

4. FearlessG1

FearlessG1 Active Member

i did a rollback of the httpd file and apache is starting up again. root user at localhost is still locked out of mysql though no matter what i change the password to in whm. still getting the following error when i try to make any changes at all: mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
    error: 'Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)'

and when i try to restart mysql from whm i get:

Code:
    mysql status

root     32104  0.0  0.2  4136 1088 ?        S    20:51   0:00 /bin/sh /usr/bin/mysqld_safe --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --pid-file=/var/lib/mysql/fs.mydomain.pid
    mysql    32125  0.5  3.1 116664 14016 ?      Sl   20:51   0:00 /usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/ --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --user=mysql --pid-file=/var/lib/mysql/fs.mydomain.com.pid --skip-locking

/usr/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed error: 'Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)' mysql has failed, please contact the sysadmin (result was "mysql has failed").