The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starting Website Question [moved]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tenaj, Feb 13, 2006.

1. tenaj

tenaj Registered

Starting Website Question

:confused: Do I need to upload my website to my hosting service server before it will be displayed. And can I do it from here. I'm getting page cannot be displayed. My original domain was pointed to my hosting co. nameservers. I'm new at all of this. I don't know what to do. My hosting company's support system is not working for me.

2. celliott

celliott Well-Known Member

Too many people are getting reffered to these forums now, there really should be a sticky or something made about it. It is your hosting providers job to provide support for you. These boards are for server administrators who are using the software, to disuss technical issues, new features and bugs etc etc.

If your hosting providers support system is not working as you say, then its time to look for a new host who offers real technical support. A good hosting provider will have two or more methods of providing support.

3. tenaj

tenaj Registered

Thank you

Thanks anyway.

4. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

Actually, to be more accurate, it was decided a little while ago that these forums were also for end users with cpanel questions and/or issues, but your question is one that should go to your hosting provider.

For now, yes you need to upload your sites files before the site can be seen, but as to whether or not it can be done before nameserver changes, that depends on your host. You may be able to upload by logging in to an IP address, but you have to ask them about that.