The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

State of the...cPanel?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ckacerguis, Feb 13, 2004.

1. ckacerguis

ckacerguis Member

Hello All,

this message is more for the cPanel staff than anything else. Everyone feel free to comment...

I have been using cPanel for YEARS. I have always used it and found it to be the best hosting control panel. However, lately, I have seen things that make me question the stability and future of cPanel that are making me reconsider an alternative.

Here are my issues:

1. More and more bugs are getting into the "STABLE" release...and not getting fixed.

2. Tech support is HORRIBLE...I don't think I need any examples here. I'm sorry I'm not going to give a "tech" root level access to my server...I sent DETAILED information (I'm a software engineer/sysadmin), if you need more ASK!

3. High price. 'nuff said...

I must admit this whole "cPanel Pro" thing is kinda the "last straw". You're going to have 2 version of the software to support...but, you can't even fix the bugs you have...or for that matter...get out versions for other OS's (i.e. Solaris, Windows, etc.). So what makes you (cPanel) think that you can have have 2 versions?

I don't want a flame war here. I would love a response from Nick or someone in the "upper ranks".

Well, I'm done...

--
    Chris Kacerguis
    http://www.austindev.com

2. haze

haze Well-Known Member

1. Don't update, or submit bug reports.

2. Your first course of action should be your distributor and not cPanel. I do find cpanel direct support lacking. Its takes a long time for tickets to get answered. Perhaps ask for your ticket to be escalated.

3. If its to expensive for you then either 1. You need to rework your business plan or 2. Find a new solution.

And regarding cPanel pro, its not a whole new cpanel, its just an addon.. nothing big. Its available free right now, so if you really want it, go get it:

http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20137

3. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Support for my cPanel has been great. I've only had one problem in a very long time and they are taking care of it now.
    I've seen your post before ckacerguis. It may not have actually been you, but your post sounds like a regurgitated post from other posts around here.

Name one piece of software you use that never had a bug that needed fixing?
    Name me one panel solution that you know of that even comes close to cPanel?

To quote you..

4. ckacerguis

ckacerguis Member

To answer one of your questions...that was my first post ever...