The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stats badly behind since v11 update. Strange behavior.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jols, Aug 14, 2007.

1. jols

jols Well-Known Member

I've done everything I can think of. Followed all the posted suggestions. But stats continue to be badly behind for several accounts, on several (not all) cPanel servers that we manage:

WHM ---> Statistics Status Summary; Shows this ----> The server currently is able to keep up with your statistics processing schedule.

However when clicking GO under See Specific User's Statistics Summary (display all), for many accounts instead of the green, "Stats Processing is keeping up" We get bold red, "Stats Processing is Behind 0.00 minutes".

These same accounts also show this in the next column over (to the left), Bandwidth Last Processed at:
    Wed Aug 8 01:35:15 2007.

Today is August 14th.

-------------------

The remedies I have tried are:

Tweak Settings ---> The load average above the number of cpus at which logs file processing should be suspended (default 0): 6. Up from 0. Then when this did not seem to do anything, I increased this setting to 12. Still no results.

Also tried this series of commands in SSH:

/usr/local/cpanel/startup
    /scripts/runlogsnow
    /scripts/runstatsonce

Still no improvement.

At least 4 of our cPanel servers demonstrate this same behavior. Strangely, they are the more powerful dual processor servers. The older, single CPU servers are all keeping up fine in this regard.

What can I do here?

2. ToddShipway

ToddShipway Well-Known Member

Run '/scripts/runweblogs USERNAME' and see if you get any errors during the stats run for that user, and check if they are updated if it runs successfully.

3. jols

jols Well-Known Member

Thanks.

I did this exact thing for two users last night. I don't remember seeing any errors for either. Upon refreshing the WHM stats page for the individual accounts; With one user the red text dissapeared, was then green. The other still had red text, but upon logging into their cPanel AWStats I noticed that they were updated.

----

Okay, I just did this for another account that is behind (Last processed at: Wed Aug 8...). Here's the run with a few critical usernames, etc. removed:

root@myserver [/scripts]# /scripts/runweblogs username
    Log checker loaded ok..
    ==> WARNING: The configured processor count does not match the
    ==> actual processor count (4)! Running log analysis programs
    ==> on this system may cause excessive load! You should set "extracpus"
    ==> to "0" in /var/cpanel/cpanel.config if this is not ok.
    ==> cPanel Log Daemon version 22.2
    ==> Shared RRDTOOL support enabled
    ==> Starting cpbandwd (bandwidth monitoring for IMAP/POP)
    cpbandwd is already running.
    Processing username...
    Run Logs domain: domain.com BW Limit: 62914560000 Domains: []
    Update status for /var/cpanel/bandwidth/username-http.rrd: (244)
    Processing exim stats for twinstar.......Done
    Update status for /var/cpanel/bandwidth/username-all.rrd: (244)
    WEBLANG english
    Archive Status: 0
    About to fork for username [ALL DOMAINS: ,domain.com]
    Complete

----

Upon refreshing the page, I still get this, for this user:

Bandwidth Last Processed at:
    Wed Aug 8 01:58:31 2007 Stats Processing is Behind 0.00 minutes (in bold red)

However, their AWStats are now caught up.

But this is not just a WHM page cache issue. Other users showing the bold red warning text show Aug 8th as their last AWStats update.

So in effect I can update them manually, but the system does not seem to want to update many of our hosted accounts automatically as it should.

#3 jols, Aug 14, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2007
  4. jols

jols Well-Known Member

So now apparently we need to run /scripts/runweblogs USERNAME on the hundreds of accounts that are not updating? Each one manually? Man what a mess.

I've made out a cPanel support ticket about this issue, still no response.

5. jols

jols Well-Known Member

OKAY!!!

I saw yesterday that a new cPanel version was there. We upgraded all the server, and now today all the stats have caught up.

Thank you CPANEL techs!

I've got to say that in spite of a few (very few) little bugs here and there, cPanel v11 is working great for us and is a significant improvement over what was there before.