The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stats Configuration

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lesli, Sep 8, 2004.

1. Lesli

Lesli Member

Stats Configuration not enabled (and skin link appearing twice)

I am currently using cPanel 9.7.7 on RHE 3 i686. I previously downloaded and installed cpanelpro, activated the license, things were working okay.

After this past weekend, however, I did the following:
    Main WHM > cPanel > Addon Modules > Select statselect, clamavconnector (did not select cpanelpro from that screen)

Went into Main WHM > Feature Manager > Edit Feature Set - there were *two* checkboxes for Stats Configuration. I checked one box, saved the feature set.

Went into Main WHM > Add-ons > Configure Statistics Software. Checked Allow users to change their web statistics generating software and hit Save.

Viewing the individual account control panel, I saw two icons for Stats Configuration (so far, so good). However, when I click either one, I see the following message:

Your administrator has not enabled this feature.

My questions are:
    * why do I have two boxes / control panel items for Stats Configuration, and how do I get just the one?
    * if I had previously installed cpanelpro, but would like to have it automatically updated, can I safely select pro in cPanel > Addon Modules? Or will I need to somehow uninstall the previous version of cpanelpro first?
    * why do I see the message that the admin has to enable the Stats Configuration feature when I think I've already enabled it?

Thanks much.

#1 Lesli, Sep 8, 2004
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2004
  2. Lesli

Lesli Member

Anyone have any ideas? Or should I open a support ticket with this one?

3. DomineauX

DomineauX Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I too seek the resolution to the issue of 2 boxes for stats config showing in CPanel.

As for the "Your administrator has not enabled this feature" error, go back into the configuration in WHM for this module, and click "select users" and then "add all".

At least that resolved it for me!

4. Lesli

Lesli Member

Hi Tony,

I had dug around a bit more and enabled stats config for various users, but thanks for providing the answer in the thread. I got caught up with several other things and forgot to come back and update.

No resolution or information yet on why there are two displayed options for stats configuration in both the WHM and X-skin.

5. paint

paint Well-Known Member

Hey guys. I found out how to remove the duplicate Stats Configuration in the user's cPanel. Just login to SSH and move this file out of the directory/delete the file /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x/cells/statselect.html

Now you should only see one Stats Configuration icon in the cPanel. Let me know if it works for you.

6. DomineauX

DomineauX Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Paint:
    Great work.....thats the perfect fix for me!

I just did the following (paranoid):

cd /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x/cells
    mv statselect.html ../

And it is gone from all themes!