The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stats eating up all disk quota

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BraveX, Dec 7, 2005.

1. BraveX

BraveX Well-Known Member

The web stats for Urchin, Analog, etc. are eating up all my customers disk space. I have some questions that I haven't been able to find in the forum. Hope you can help!

1. How can customers get rid of their stat files? There does not appear to be a way to do this in cpanel. Do they need to ftp into their account? And if so, which files specifically do they delete? (There are so many -- it is a little confusing trying to figure out what is okay to delete and what is not).

2. If the customer decided that he/she no longer wants the stats option, is there a way to disable this for their domain?

Thanks in advance.

2. Kionic

Kionic Member
    PartnerNOC

1. Stat files are stored in the tmp folder in the account home directory, BraveX.

You may want to disable Analog stats to save space for all accounts hosted in your server (WHM => Tweak Settings => uncheck Analog)

2. Maybe not :D

3. BraveX

BraveX Well-Known Member

Is it okay for a customer to just delete the /tmp folder or everything in there?

Thanks.

4. Kionic

Kionic Member
    PartnerNOC

>> Delete the tmp folder

I believe this will cause the server to produce a tmp folder not found when stats run then skip running stats for the account :cool:

>> Delete the contents in tmp

You can do this to remove old stats then new stats will be generated the next time the server run stats. If you don't see stats run the next time, simply recreate the proper folders so that the server can store stats.

Hope this helps, BraveX :)

5. BraveX

BraveX Well-Known Member

This was a big help but takes a lot of time.

Was wondering if something like a cron job could be set up that would automatically delete all the logs in /tmp on a nightly basis?

Has anyone tried doing this? How hard would it be?

thanks,
    BX