The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stats have been stop to process

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SETMAN, May 12, 2006.

1. SETMAN

SETMAN Registered

I have same problem,
    you can see it:

[​IMG]

and I increased the time between statistic generation, it seems OK, but dosent work.
    and my stats aren't up to date!!

[​IMG]

Thank you very much

#1 SETMAN, May 12, 2006
    Last edited: May 12, 2006
  2. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

Well, it takes time to process logs that produce the stats. And the more logs, the longer it takes.

How long it takes depends on the following factors:

1) Speed/power of CPU
    The faster and more powerful the CPU, the greater the volume of data it can process in a given period of time

2) CPU usage
    If the CPU is maxed out, it's going to find it hard to find the time to process logs. If it's not busy, it can put a lot more effort into it. You can have the most powerful CPU in the world, but that's not much use if it's already busy doing other things.

3) RAM
    Calculations on large volumes of data require RAM. The more data, the more RAM you would need for things to run smoothly. Again, you could have oodles of RAM but if it is always being used it will be hard to find free RAM for log processing.

4) Disk activity
    Reading logs and writing stat data will always work best of the hard disks are not being accessed by anything else. The greater the level of disk access, the slower logs will be able to be read and stats written.

So in order for your log processing to run as quickly and smoothly as possible, you should minimise CPU load, RAM usage and disk activity.

If you've minimised everything you can, you're going to have to either get a more powerful or faster CPU, get some more RAM or reduce the number of accounts on the server.

3. SETMAN

SETMAN Registered

Thank you very much Dear webignition

I did this:
    Running "/scripts/fixsubdomainlogs"

and now:
    [​IMG]

whats dif. between them?

regards

4. SETMAN

SETMAN Registered

it dosent work yet

I changed the time to 72 Hrs. but it dosent work yet.
    but server shows its OK

Whats wrong?