The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stats not updating following upgrade of CPanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mccollin, Aug 26, 2003.

1. mccollin

mccollin Member

I'll start by telling you I know enough to be dangerous on this, so please be gently. I've got a server that primarily runs one big site, with a few other smaller ones. I was getting a report from the webmaster of one of the smaller sites about the formmail problem, so I updated Cpanel to 7.4.2-R116 so that I could get the Tweak option to suppress the formmail failed SPAM attempts. That went fine. That was around noon yesterday.

Today, I went to look at my stats and find that Awstats, Webalizer, and Analog stats haven't been updated since yesterday around noon. I hit the update button in Awstats, and it returns in about 2 seconds with no new data. Normally hitting that button will send the server into a lengthy process of heavy load to process the log files.

I'm first curious if anyone else has had this problem and knows what is causing it. If not, some tips on debugging it would be helpful. Thanks!

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. ciphervendor

ciphervendor Well-Known Member

cPanel might be delayed in updating your stats by 48 hours because you've recently changed versions (assuming stable -> release). Try executing as root: /scripts/runlogsnow

3. mccollin

mccollin Member

Still didn't work after that command, but I'll wait another day and see what that brings.

4. ciphervendor

What did you get as output from that command/

5. mccollin

mccollin Member

I just noticed the "skipanalog" and "skipawstats". Is that a problem. I do have them enabled in the Tweak settings, and they obviously show up in Cpanel.

6. ciphervendor

I'm not sure if that's the issue. Try unsetting and then resetting the stats options in tweak settings. Then edit /var/cpanel/cpanel.config and find extracpus= and change the number from 0 (I think that is the default) to 3. Then execute /usr/local/cpanel/startup then /scripts/runlogsnow

7. mccollin

mccollin Member

OK, I tried disabling, then reenabling the 3 stats programs, and no change.

I then tried the suggested extracpus fix. I edited the file then restarted cpanel. When I ran /scripts/runlogsnow, it gave the same output as before, plus a big multiline warning that my CPU count didn't match actual, and that this could cause problems when running stats.

Incidentally, the server is no where near overloaded... stays below 1.0 most of the time.

I tried updating stats, and same as before. I did notice something this time, that I didn't notice before (it was probably there, just that I didn't see it).

After I press the button, it looks like its going to do something, then comes back with a page refresh and the data is unchanged. But, this is now at the top of the page...

Any more ideas? Thanks for your help by the way.

8. mccollin

mccollin Member

Anyone else have any ideas here? I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure this out. It's been 2 days, and it didn't start working someone said it might do. Thanks for any help you can offer.

9. rligg

rligg Well-Known Member

Did you resolve this? I have the same problem after a cpanel upgrade.

10. mccollin

mccollin Member

I opened a ticket and they did something to fix it. He said they ran some "fix it" scripts, what ever that means. I'd open a ticket if I were you.

11. rligg

rligg Well-Known Member

opened a ticket with who?

12. mccollin

mccollin Member

CPanel support.... here... on the Cpanel support site.... ;) If you go to cpanel.net, you should be able to find how to open a ticket. I'm assuming, of course, that you have a legitimate license and everything so that you can get support.

13. stewis

stewis Member

try doing this

(login to SSH)

type: su

type: cd /scripts

type: ./fixeverything

see if that works...

btw i am not sure if that is the correct file name but you can allways type dir in the scripts directory and look for somethin similar.

14. Jemshi

Jemshi Well-Known Member

hmm.. I wont agree with that method. Simply running the scripts may break things..

simple example is the mailperm script which adds all the domains to your localdomains (where this should not be the case for domains where the mx is outside)

15. mychicth

mychicth Registered

this is driving me crazy! I don't understand any of this. Can someone please help?