Stats stopped working - any ideas?

Brook

Apr 22, 2005
Not sure if it's to do with Cpanel 11 upgrade or that I upgraded perl the day before they stopped working (haven't worked for this month at all - upgraded perl on the 30th, not sure when Cpanel automatically upgraded to WHM11 tho).

When you go to WHM > Statistics Software Configuration, it says

The server is having trouble keeping up with your statistics processing schedule. You should increase the time between statistic generation, or upgrade the server. If you have recently decreased the time between statistic generation, you may wish to wait that amount of time to see if the server will catch up before changing back.
However there has been no increase in traffic on the server to the best of my knoweldge, so don't think it's to do with that :-/

When I try:

/scripts/runweblogs

It tells me:

/usr/bin/perl: relocation error: /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/lib/perl/auto/RRDs/RRDs.so: undefined symbol: Perl_Gthr_key_ptr
/usr/bin/perl: relocation error: /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/lib/perl/auto/RRDs/RRDs.so: undefined symbol: Perl_Gthr_key_ptr
Any ideas what's going on please?

I updated perl, as I was having problems with spamd - I've since left it switched off, not sure if it's related or not. (if it is here's the link)

Brook

Apr 22, 2005
Hi Macareno - I ran: du -kh --max-depth=1 /usr/local but there doesn't seem to be any probs on that front...

Brook

Apr 22, 2005
Am going to try this:

If you’ve upgraded Perl in cPanel, you need to make sure you’ve got an up-to-date build of rrdtool or stats will not run properly on the server. To do this, run:

/scripts/rrdtoolinstall

If there is no output, you will have to manual edit the file and comment out the version comparison to force the rebuild. You have a bad build if the following error occurs when running /scripts/runstatsonce:

[email protected] [~]# /scripts/runstatsonce
This script requires cPanel 6.4.2 Build 11+
Source: http://vibol.hou.cc/2006/06/10/rebuild-rrdtool-when-upgrading-cpanels-perl/

(Perl_Gthr_key_ptr)

(commented out four lines)

andytylerlewis

Registered
Jun 7, 2007
No luck

I am hainv exactly this problem - the erros are identical. I can't seem to run the rrdtoolinstall script though, so I'm a bit stuck - any ideas anyone?

Brook

Apr 22, 2005
pico /scripts/rrdtoolinstall

And then comment out the 4 lines that refer to the version comparison, by placing a # at the start of each of the 4 lines.

If you need further help let me know.