The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stats stopped working

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jcallery, Dec 7, 2005.

1. jcallery

jcallery Well-Known Member

Hello,
    All of our clients have noticed that on our servers, the stats have stopped working. I've tried updating everything and have done basic troubleshooting, but have had no luck. I tried running /scripts/runlogsnow and I got the following error:

(internal death) Wed Dec 7 01:06:38 2005 [28249] error: Modification of a read-only value attempted at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/DBI.pm line 279.
    eval {...} called at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/DBI.pm line 276
    require DBI.pm called at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/DBD/mysql.pm line 7
    DBD::mysql::BEGIN() called at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/Scalar/Util.pm line 0
    eval {...} called at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/Scalar/Util.pm line 0
    require DBD/mysql.pm called at /usr/local/cpanel/cpanellogd line 60
    main::BEGIN() called at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/Scalar/Util.pm line 0
    eval {...} called at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/Scalar/Util.pm line 0
    [a fatal error or timeout occurred while processing this directive]==> WARNING: configured processor count does not match
    ==> actual processor count (1)! Running stats programs
    ==> on this system may cause excessive load!

Can anyone tell me what is causing this? It stated about a week ago and is not isolated on any specific server.

Thank you!

2. jcallery

Also - in tweak settings I've bumped the server load up for the stats - even though the server loads are generally very low - but this hasn't done anything, either.

Thanks!

3. kalelme

kalelme Member

I have the same error. Can anyone tell me what is causing this?

Thank you...

4. jcallery

Hi everyone,
    The stat's are still not working on our end - and we are still getting that error.

Does anyone have any idea as to what is causing this?

Thanks!

5. forlinuxsupport

forlinuxsupport Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    hey

might be a permissions thing on a file it uses ..
    have a look in the perl code at the line it tells you, chances are it will have a filename listed there :)

check the apache logs have propper permissions and readable by all (/usr/local/apache/domlogs).

open a support request with cpanel, they can log on and have a look and fix it :)

cheers
    andy

6. cgarvey

cgarvey Member

I'm in the same boat.

MySQL is v4.1.x
    Perl v5.6.1
    Red Hat 7.3

I've run /scripts/upcp --force
    I've run /scripts/perlinstaller --force Scalar::Util (it installs v1.18)
    I've run /scripts/perlinstaller --force Bundle::DBD::mysql and it hangs after display a warning starting with "Perl versions below 5.6.1 are no longer supported by the DBI"

So I tried "perl -MCPAN -e'force install Bundle::DBD::mysql'", and it installs DBI v1.49, Data-ShowTable v3.3, DBD-mysql v2.9008, then DBD-mysql v3.000, all without error (bar tests failing because it can't connect to the DB locally.

All to no avail :(

The error is similar to OP's ..
    Anything else I should look for?

7. sparek-3

sparek-3 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    This looks like its a problem with perl versions 5.8.1 and older. We have servers running 5.8.1 and they are reporting this error, but servers that are running 5.8.3 or higher do not report this error. Can anyone else verify this? I see a couple of threads involving this error and they all reference 5.8.1 or older versions of perl. I see where there is a perl 5.8.7 installer available through layer1, but I am reluctant to upgrade using it, because I have heard of how important perl is to the underlying cpanel system. The stats do appear to be generated so I don't think it is causing any problems, so I'm not sure if I see a reason to upgrade. The only reason that I can think of, is perhaps there is something else that is running behind the scenes that is having problems because of this error, and I just don't see it.

Can anyone else verify that this is only a problem with 5.8.1 versions of perl and older? Has anyone upgraded those installations to perl 5.8.7? Did you experience any problems?

#7 sparek-3, Dec 10, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2005
  8. cgarvey

cgarvey Member

Do you mean v5.8.1 and older? If so then, no, because as I say above I have v5.6.1.

.cg

9. sparek-3

sparek-3 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Yea, I mean 5.8.1. I don't know where I got the 2, must've been looking at something else and meaning something different. I have editted that post to show the 5's to clear up any confusion. 5.6.1 would be older than 5.8.1 so it would fall into this category.

Sorry for the confusion and thanks for pointing it out.

10. cgarvey

cgarvey Member

OK .. Scalar::Util is borked .. when I build the latest version it gives a warning about the Weaken method not being available. In DBI.pm (as the error says), there is a check for this function.. so I simply commented it out, and returned 0, and all seems ok-ish.

So in /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i686-linux/DBI.pm I changed line 275+ to
    , to always return fals for the check (because, Scalar::Util warns me it's not available).. that stops the error I reported above from happening, and doesn't seem to break anything else (if there is a check in DBI, there is the implication that it's OK to not have it!).

So now to get rid of my "The server is having trouble keeping up with your statistics processing schedule" warnings.

In /usr/local/cpanel/logs/stats_log I notice a bunch of
    Running /scripts/runstatsonce each time I get this in the logs, seems to clear that one and move on to the next. Each time the logs seem to be generated OK .. as in there are the expected number of hits reported for the month that was missing, in the problem domains/accounts.

It seems to have worked for me, but I'd wait for somebody who knows better to comment before you try this yourself!

.cg

11. jcallery

cPanel support told me that the fix for this is currently only available in the recent Edge updates - which resolved the problem.

Try updating to edge and see if that resolves the problem temporarily.

12. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

I just discovered the exact same issue on a few of my servers. Upgraded from perl 5.8.1 to 5.8.7 using the cPanel perl distribution and that fixed those, the others were indeed fixed using the latest EDGE. Looks like two different problems affecting the same thing.

13. dropby23

dropby23 Well-Known Member

same problem

14. isputra

isputra Well-Known Member

how to fix this ?

upgrade to C-60 got this problem :confused:

15. dropby23

dropby23 Well-Known Member

upgrade perl to 5.8.7 this will fix

16. tbtucholka

tbtucholka Member

did something happen again?

I have 3 cPanel servers and as of two days ago all stats have stopped...

help!!

17. tgibobby

tgibobby Active Member

How can we upgrade to perl 5.8.7 ?

18. forlinuxsupport

forlinuxsupport Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi

Go here and download cpanels custom version of perl (perl587installer.tar.gz )
    http://layer1.cpanel.net/

untar and unzip it and run the install file, it will install the new version of perl (5.8.7).

then update cpanel (/scripts/upcp) to update all the perl modules.

cheers
    Andy

19. zimu

zimu Member

stats still don't update here... i have the latest perl version (5.8.7.)

stats update fine if i use the scripts/runweblogs script. the stats should update every 24 hours and there's a green text in the whm saying that the server can keep up with the stats generation...

so why does it still not work :(

20. monoblue

monoblue Member

I have same problem with new server, in cPanel accounts for every user show unlimited megabytes, and in whm, everyone have 0MB but, they have it, does anyone know how to fix this to show all stats in whm like it need to be.

Thanks