The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stats Updating

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by papiflaps, Jan 1, 2006.

1. papiflaps

papiflaps Registered

I have read several messages about stats not updating but still have questions. I am experiencing the same issue...several times per month. My server guy is tired of hearing about it...here's my question:
    Are stats (on Cpanel) all server files that I cannot access as a user (website) of the server. That is, what can I do to update manually or otherwise to make this problem history? I think other websites that use the server are also experiencing this problem. I'm happy to assist if it is something I can change on my site or in my Cpanel. Thanks for any guidance!

2. Izzee

Izzee Well-Known Member

There is nothing you can do about it.

Your hosting provider is the only one who can solve any problems the server might have.

If they seem inept or incapable of solving this issue then it might be time to look for a more competant hosting provder.

Good luck.

:)

3. david510

david510 Well-Known Member

Hello,

You could set up the awstats for a user so that he could update mthe stats anually from the browser.

To do this,
    vi /home/username/tmp/awstats/awstats.domain.com.conf
    change the following setting to 1
    AllowToUpdateStatsFromBrowser=1

Once this is done check the awstats area from the cpanel stats area of the partidular domain. You could see the link update now.

--->>There is nothing you can do about it.
    This is misleading.

4. Izzee

Izzee Well-Known Member

He clearly is an end user and on my interpretation of his post he would not have root access otherwise I would have instructed him as you had.

It may all be in the way one interprets his post but thanks for correcting me if I was wrong.

#4 Izzee, Jan 2, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2006
  5. david510

david510 Well-Known Member

Hello Izzee,

Ok, I agree you assumed it. It may be like, the stats are really important for him or say another person who checks this thread for a solution and see the post like, nothing can be done, then he will beleive nothing can be done to solve this. Say if another person with the root access to server see this and he also thinks nothing can be done. I hope you are getting my point.

Regards,
    David

6. papiflaps

papiflaps Registered

Thanks for info

Thank you for your input. Yes, I am an end user who likes to watch what's going on with my site. It's new and it is interesting to see if it is building more interest, etc.
    Looks like I will suggest that I would like to be able to manually update stats to my server guy (who, BTW, I really like since he has helped me with many other faux pas with publishing, etc.). Right now would prefer to stay with him...another year...who knows?
    He was the one who led me to this site in the first place. I will watch ans continue to ask questions here...who knows, I may even get smart someday...thanks again...

7. flashweb

flashweb Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    papiflaps, you don't have to wait for some day, you are already smart :D