The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Status of EasyApache4

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by sparek-3, Feb 29, 2016.

1. sparek-3

sparek-3 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Perhaps I've missed an update or is it published some where?

How ready for prime-time is EasyApache4? I think I will like the idea of controlling Apache and PHP with RPMs. But I'm not sure if it's become the de-facto standard for cPanel yet. EA4 still doesn't work with CloudLinux, is that correct? I'm not really sure what the hold up is with CloudLinux support, but I would assume that is more with CloudLinux than with cPanel.

I have some servers with CloudLinux, some with a pending CloudLinux setup, and some that will never have CloudLinux. Because the directory structure differs between EA3 and EA4, I would prefer to get these all lined up with EA4 instead of having some with EA4 and some without it.

2. cPJacob

cPJacob cPanel Product Owner
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Hi,

I've personally been running EA4 for the past year without much problems. It's not yet compatible with CloudLinux, but they are hard at work on getting everything working.

Try it out and see how it works for you and your team. If you come across any difficulties, make sure to check the docs, or feel free to ask on the forums or in a support ticket! Let us know how it goes :D

3. sparek-3

sparek-3 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have used it on some test servers and I think I will like it.

I don't plan on using the interface or anything. Am I correct that once a server is converted to EA4, you can just use yum to upgrade Apache and PHP from the command-line?

That's why it seems to be ideal for me. I can convert all of our servers over to EA4 and get a list of yum packages that suites my needs to install and just issue the same yum install package list across all servers.

But because a lot of the paths have changed (i.e. /etc/apache2 instead of /usr/local/apache) I'd like to kind of wait until I can convert all of our servers to EA4 so they are all based on the same paths. I do know you've set a series of symlinks to try and mock the /usr/local/apache paths with EA4, but I'd prefer to avoid depending on those as much as possible.

4. cPJacob

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    That's exactly right. That's really why I prefer it too, that updates are automatic with nightly UPCP's without actually having to re-run EA3 to build out a new stack.

I fully understand that. I still find myself 'cd /usr/local/apache' just by habit, and I've been running EA4 for over a year :P

Thanks for trying it out and giving your feedback!

5. James Tan

James Tan Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    hi,

this look like an old post, does anyone know if easyapache4 will be supporting cloudlinux?
    i have not tried easyapache4 since im using cloudlinux, does it has option to proxy nginx as the main front end to apache?
    with easyapache4, does it finally allow support for latest rails 4.2 or 5?

6. cPJacob

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Hi,

CloudLinux has a BETA running with EasyApache 4 right now. You can check out their blog post for more information: Beta: EasyApache 4 released for CloudLinux

EasyApache 4 does not yet support Nginx, nor higher versions of RAILS. We're still getting it stable before we look at expanding support for other webservers and languages.

I hope this helps!