The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Step By Step Name Servers setup Request

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crossing, Jul 26, 2014.

1. crossing

crossing Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Hello,

I'am new to hosting , really new to sharing hosting, don't know nothing about it.

I have one trial WHM Cpanel Licence installed on my VPS. I have connected to WHMCS. When people will choose my services they will have to use my name servers, so I need it to make it work.

What I did :

1. Installed WHM CPanel

2. Setup ns1.mysite.com and ns2.mysite.com on 'Basic cPanel & WHM Setup'. Actually I added the values on Nameserver 1 and Nameserver 2. Then I pushed 'Assign IP address' on ns1.mysite.com and I got confirmation, then when I pushed 'Assign IP address' on ns2.mysite.com I got response 'Sorry, you are out of IPs to assign as nameservers.'

3. I pushed 'Add an A entry for this nameserver'.

4. I added A entries on Cloudflare for ns1.mysite.com pointing on VPS Ip.

Is that all ?

Will one ns actually work ?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

You should create two name servers, but keep in mind name servers are created at the domain registrar. Access your domain registrar's administrative panel, and create the two name servers you plan to use with the IP addresses you prefer (it can be the same IP address for both name servers). Then, on the cPanel server, ensure the "A" records for those name servers are added.

Thank you.

3. crossing

crossing Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    I don't understand. So, I have a website myhost.com My Hostwhich offers shared hosting to customers, then I have one VPS where WHM is installed. I don't understand why to change myhost.com registrar as my websited is installed on another server and not where WHM VPS is.

4. crossing

crossing Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    I think I managed to do it, please someone confirm its good :

1. I added Nameserver 1 and Nameserver 2 on 'Basic cPanel & WHM Setup' , then I added the same IP for both - the IP of VPS where WHM is installed , its the correct IP I have set right ?

2. I added A records on 'Basic cPanel & WHM Setup' .

3. I added A records (pointing nameservers to VPS ip where WHM is installed ) on Cloudflare. IS it ok?

4. I added the same nameservers to my web hosting domain registrar pointing to WHM VPS IP , is it ok ?

5. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Yes, those steps look accurate but note that any steps you must take with CloudFlare should be cleared with their support if you are not sure about them. The important step is the fourth one, as that's what I was referring to in my last response.

Thank you.