The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steps to Activate New Account

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fcomteam, May 6, 2004.

1. fcomteam

fcomteam Registered

May 5, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Hello All -

Thanks for a great forum. I would like to review the steps to activate a new hosting account using WHM, then forward all the information the new customer needs to begin using their account (please correct any steps and give any advice to this newbie):
    • Create New Account in WHM (set up at least one package first)
    • On creation of account, send IP information and welcome letter (is there a way to automate this?)
    • End User/Customer then can log into the new accounts' cPanel using IP address?
    • End User/Customer can change DNS to those given as DNS for Reseller account, and URL will resolve correctly?
    Thanks for any tips on streamlining and automating this process. I understand there is at least one host management automation program that works with WHM. Any thoughts on that sort of program will also be appreciated.

Thanks -
  2. B12Org

B12Org Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2003
    Seattle Washington
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    yep, that seems good. The best way to automate the process is to use a 3rd party app, like drams, whmautopilot, modernbill, or phpmanager otherwise known as neomanager.

All of them cost money, and neo is the cheapest I think, and their new release is comming out soon, so it will be good :)