stop logs of boxtrapper spam trap feature

lawrence.dcosta

Oct 6, 2005
Hi All

We have enabled the spambox feature on a mailbox. The problem is the space quota gets filled up due to log file size increases in log folder of boxtrapper. Can the log generation of this feature be stopped. Any suggestion / help welcome

Lawrence

freedman

Feb 13, 2005
I hate boxtrapper.. it does more harm in the long run.

spam emails get returned to the poor person who the spammer used as the sender.. if this person doesn't exist, your boxtrapper message comes back to your server, so you end up creating more work for your server dealing with boxtrapper bounce messages then you save by not using it.

installing a good spam filter system has done more to help me than boxtrapper ever did... plus, if someones running boxtrapper on the other end, you never get email from eachother cause you never get eachothers boxtrapper verification email...

look for the thread about assp or about the rvskins recommendations for enhancing exim.

I've found people were happier deleted a few spam messages than having to deal with boxtrapper administration...reduce the spam load to a level where the time to deal with the unwanted messages is less than the time to deal with boxtrapper and your customers will be happy.

lawrence.dcosta

Oct 6, 2005
Thanks for the tip freedman...I am looking out for tweaks with exim to control spam mails..Searching for valid and good threads.

Lawrence