Stopping non-error upcp and logwatch e-mails

paulg

PartnerNOC
Dec 16, 2008
Hello,

Does anybody know how to stop non-error upcp and logwatch e-mails from being sent to root's e-mail address? I don't want to disable upcp and logwatch. I just want them to e-mail me only if there are problems. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Paul

paulg

PartnerNOC
Dec 16, 2008
In case anybody is wondering, I ended up creating a ticket with Support. They said there is nothing that can be done for upcp. I suspect one could probably change the MAILTO in the cron job that runs it or redirect output to /dev/null but cPanel doesn't offer any configuration. Regarding logwatch, that is just a system utility that can be configured in /etc/logwatch/

Paul

domhandy

Nov 3, 2008
United Kingdom
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I changed my logwatch to save the output to /tmp/logwatch instead of emailing me. At least then I don't get the emails every day, but if I need to look at the latest output, it is stored on the server. You can also change the email address it goes to here.

The conf file is at /usr/share/logwatch/default.conf/logwatch.conf
Just uncomment the line about saving the output.

Unfortunately, a cPanel update seems to overwrite the conf file occasionally, so I have to do the changes again.

cPanelTristan

Quality Assurance Analyst
Staff member
Oct 2, 2010
somewhere over the rainbow
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
If running cPanel updates (/scripts/upcp or the automatic cron) causes that to be overwritten, you could always create a bash script at /scripts/postupcp and use bash commands to revert the file to what you want it to have.