Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Stopping non-error upcp and logwatch e-mails

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by paulg, Feb 15, 2011.

1. paulg

paulg Member
    PartnerNOC

Hello,

Does anybody know how to stop non-error upcp and logwatch e-mails from being sent to root's e-mail address? I don't want to disable upcp and logwatch. I just want them to e-mail me only if there are problems. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Paul

2. paulg

paulg Member
    PartnerNOC

In case anybody is wondering, I ended up creating a ticket with Support. They said there is nothing that can be done for upcp. I suspect one could probably change the MAILTO in the cron job that runs it or redirect output to /dev/null but cPanel doesn't offer any configuration. Regarding logwatch, that is just a system utility that can be configured in /etc/logwatch/

Paul

3. domhandy

domhandy Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I changed my logwatch to save the output to /tmp/logwatch instead of emailing me. At least then I don't get the emails every day, but if I need to look at the latest output, it is stored on the server. You can also change the email address it goes to here.

The conf file is at /usr/share/logwatch/default.conf/logwatch.conf
    Just uncomment the line about saving the output.

Unfortunately, a cPanel update seems to overwrite the conf file occasionally, so I have to do the changes again.

4. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If running cPanel updates (/scripts/upcp or the automatic cron) causes that to be overwritten, you could always create a bash script at /scripts/postupcp and use bash commands to revert the file to what you want it to have.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...