The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stopping sites getting suspended

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MattF, Sep 27, 2002.

1. MattF

MattF Active Member

How do I prevent sites getting suspended when they reach their bandwidth quota. I want to allow them to overrun rather than suspended them.

2. itf

itf Well-Known Member

[quote:af0a472a07][i:af0a472a07]Originally posted by MattF[/i:af0a472a07]

How do I prevent sites getting suspended when they reach their bandwidth quota. I want to allow them to overrun rather than suspended them. [/quote:af0a472a07]
    Increase allotted bandwidth, i.e. if you offer 2GB plans adjust it to 3GB

3. nost

nost Well-Known Member

Hi ITF,

I have the same problem here, but we doesnt want to allow more Bandwidth to our package ...

If one of our clients have 10 GB of bandwitdth per month and he use 1 GB more, it's will be cool to invoice the client without is site is getting suspended ...

For example one of our customer appear on a TV show, and got a lot of traffic this day, he reach is Bandwidth limit in few hour ...

I think it's the responsability of the Web Hosting Company to call a client when his exceed his bandwidth ...

Not to the client to call us to get his site back online ... if he doesnt want to paid for the exeed bandwidth, now we have a reason to suspend his website ...

I cannot really explain what in thinking, my english is limited, but im sure you understand my point of view

Regards,

Dany Boucher

4. itf

itf Well-Known Member

[quote:9d1beb322c][i:9d1beb322c]Originally posted by nost[/i:9d1beb322c]

Hi ITF,

I have the same problem here, but we doesnt want to allow more Bandwidth to our package ...

If one of our clients have 10 GB of bandwitdth per month and he use 1 GB more, it's will be cool to invoice the client without is site is getting suspended ...

For example one of our customer appear on a TV show, and got a lot of traffic this day, he reach is Bandwidth limit in few hour ...

I think it's the responsability of the Web Hosting Company to call a client when his exceed his bandwidth ...

Not to the client to call us to get his site back online ... if he doesnt want to paid for the exeed bandwidth, now we have a reason to suspend his website ...

I cannot really explain what in thinking, my english is limited, but im sure you understand my point of view

Regards,

Dany Boucher[/quote:9d1beb322c]
    Nost,

I think we are talking about policies,

You want your clients buy additional bandwidth before they got their maximum allotted bandwidth, but you have to choose one of these policies
    1) Soft limit your users, increase your allotted bandwidth and if they pass their boundaries send them invoice
    2) Hard Limit your users, just send them an email while they are at the 80% of their bandwidth usage and ask them to buy additional bandwidth

5. Tox

Tox Member

Why not just make an option with either:

&Suspend account when maximum bandwidth has been reached&

turned on or off. Seems pretty simple.