The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Store apache logs in user directory

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by KenMaier, Apr 3, 2003.

1. KenMaier

KenMaier Member

My users need to save their logs files for auditing purposes. It would be much easier for me and them, if there was an automatic way to rotate the compressed logs into their home ~/logs directory. Granted, it would eat at their disk space, but they would have the ability to download and delete the files on their own schedule.

Even better would be for only the current and last months logs to be available in their directory.

Is this an existing feature that WHM can do? (if so, I've overlooked it) Otherwise, can it be added to the feature request list?

-ken

2. andyf

andyf Well-Known Member

This would be very useful, but needs to be 'opt-in' within the cpanel of each account.

Get a few sites with 1gb+ logs and you'll soon see your cpu time eaten up by compressing these.

3. KenMaier

KenMaier Member

I agree -- an opt-in configuration would be ideal... as well as the ability to customize the directory within each account the logs would be stored.

I do not think the storage directory would need to be customized for each account, so a one-time config item to specify the path for the server would be fine.

-ken