Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Store e-mails in database

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by EchoHost, Jun 12, 2006.

1. EchoHost

EchoHost Well-Known Member

Is there a way to store all outgoing and incoming e-mails into a mysql database?

2. ramprage

ramprage Well-Known Member

Yes, this can be done however I'm not sure why you'd want to do this. It would put a lot of high load on the server

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. EchoHost

EchoHost Well-Known Member

It's only for my own personal website. I want to keep track of what e-mails the automatic newsletter and subscription notices send to. how many are yahoo, etc..

It would only be maybe 1,000 e-mails a day max so it shouldnt put that big of a server load on considering the server already puts up with 400 queries per second.

Would you happen to know the link to how to do this? I tried search multiple times but no luck.

4. richy

richy Well-Known Member

Are you looking at storing the full emails (including the body of the message) or just the To/From/Header details? If it's the latter, you may want to look at MailScanner from http://www.configserver.com - the way Chirpy et al set it it, is MailScanner logs all emails to MailWatch which runs of a MySQL database. Data stored includes the to address, from address, time/date and the headers of the message. It doesn't store the body of the email though.