The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange Apache problem...

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by SHSaeed, Jan 5, 2003.

1. SHSaeed

SHSaeed Well-Known Member

Hello,

Lately (in the last month) we've noticed that even though the service status shows everything OK, Apache stops serving websites. If you try to load a website it will give you the IE error page like if there was no DNS record for that domain name. This gets fixed with a simple Apache reboot.

Anyone else experienced or have a fix to this? Shouldn't Apache get restarted every 10-15 minutes?

2. Jammer2020

Jammer2020 Member

Ever since last evening our server is locking up. We reboot and it comes back and about 15 - 20 minutes later it locks up completely and we can not access it via SSH?

Anyone have any suggestions?

3. SHSaeed

SHSaeed Well-Known Member

I don't beleive we have the same problem. Everything on our server works fine except Apache. Even WHM works and the service status shows Apache with a green light, but no websites are served.

4. dxer

dxer Well-Known Member

I think I'am having the same problem. Everything on server work fine but I can not open domains by name. FTP work fine, Emails too, SSH too and login to CPanel.

But sometimes I can not login to CPanel too.

I sent for help to CPanel guys.

I have obe question. i saw that there is newer Apache version and i was wondering if upgrade to newer version of CPanel will be uprading Apache to the latest version ?

How to upgrade Apache individually ?

5. mrprez

mrprez Well-Known Member

I had that happen the other day. Restared Apache, even thought it was showing a green light, and everything came back up. I could get into WHM but could not see any websites.

John
    way2cheapsoftware.com