The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange behaviour with new backup system when restoring...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 4u123, Nov 19, 2013.

1. 4u123

4u123 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem with the new backup system?

I had compression on and also "pigz" enabled in tweak settings. This is a new server.

Restored an account for a customer and all the directory permissions were incorrect - all seemed to be set to 0750, so I sorted that out.

The customer got back to me saying none of his sites were working - so I checked and indeed, all displaying 500 errors.

The log was showing...

SoftException in Application.cpp:602: Could not execute script "/home/user/public_html/addondir/index.php"

This was happening for all his addon domains, which were all PHP based. I checked all the usual things and made sure all permissions and ownership were correct. Couldn't find a cause for this error.

So I restored his account from a previous backup which was legacy - everything was fine with that.

My suspicion is that this was a CloudLinux issue. The problem was happening only with PHP scripts. My only other thought is that the compression could have caused a problem with certain files.

Would be interested to know if anyone else has experienced this. I'd also be interested to know if there is anyone running CloudLinux + CageFS + new backups +compression +pigz and they have successfully restored backups without any issues.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

I recommend opening a bug report for this issue so we can attempt to reproduce this and determine if there is in-fact a flaw with our backup restore script. You can open a bug report via:

Submit A Bug Report

Please post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.