4u123

PartnerNOC
Jan 2, 2006
named: failed Apr 23 09:56:53 named: /etc/named.conf:2209: zone 'xxxxx.com': already exists.

I checked named.conf and sure enough there were two entries for that domain. I deleted them. There was no corresponding file in /var/named

So I try and restart bind ... same error! /etc/named.conf:2209: zone 'xxxxx.com': already exists.

I edit named.conf - there is no trace of the domain and I double check /var/named - no corresponding file.

Its as though the server has cached named.conf but I've never come across this before and wouldnt know how to clear the cache if there was one - can anyone help ?

4u123

PartnerNOC
Jan 2, 2006
Tried a few things that didnt work so eventually as a last resort I rebooted the server.

Once it came up I did a "service named status" and got the rndc failed: connection refused error.

So I did /scripts/fixndc

and got about 100 errors like below...

chattr: Inappropriate ioctl for device while reading flags on /var/named/chroot/proc/6444/task/6444/environ
chattr: Inappropriate ioctl for device while reading flags on /var/named/chroot/proc/6444/task/6444/auxv
chattr: Inappropriate ioctl for device while reading flags on /var/named/chroot/proc/6444/task/6444/status
chattr: Inappropriate ioctl for device while reading flags on /var/named/chroot/proc/6444/task/6444/cmdline
chattr: Inappropriate ioctl for device while reading flags on /var/named/chroot/proc/6444/task/6444/stat

No idea at all what the problem was there ^

Anyway - that appears to have done the trick and all seems to be working now. Thought I'd leave this thread in - in case anyone else has a similar problem.

:)

duranduran

Apr 30, 2004
Tried a few things that didnt work so eventually as a last resort I rebooted the server.

Once it came up I did a "service named status" and got the rndc failed: connection refused error.

So I did /scripts/fixndc

and got about 100 errors like below...

chattr: Inappropriate ioctl for device while reading flags on /var/named/chroot/proc/6444/task/6444/environ
chattr: Inappropriate ioctl for device while reading flags on /var/named/chroot/proc/6444/task/6444/auxv
chattr: Inappropriate ioctl for device while reading flags on /var/named/chroot/proc/6444/task/6444/status
chattr: Inappropriate ioctl for device while reading flags on /var/named/chroot/proc/6444/task/6444/cmdline
chattr: Inappropriate ioctl for device while reading flags on /var/named/chroot/proc/6444/task/6444/stat

No idea at all what the problem was there ^

Anyway - that appears to have done the trick and all seems to be working now. Thought I'd leave this thread in - in case anyone else has a similar problem.

:)
try rpm -e bind-chroot-9.2.4-24.EL4
./fixndc

Works for me.