The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange count on visitors logs. Please advice.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chris13, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Chris13

Chris13 Registered

Mar 15, 2007

I have a new website launched, not so new but just 2 months old. I have been tracking it with Google Analytics and also trying to view the visitors log in cPanel.

An observation I have is that, in the beginning I used to get around 20-30 visitors. Then there was a trend for few days, say for a week that I got visitors like this 20, 31, 32, 35, 37 and then dropped down to say 20. Recently this has started happening again, since last few
    days, 6 in number, there is this strange count of 94, 97, 94, 97, 86.

The numbers are actually from cPanel and though I know its something very less but I suspect there is something fishy going on. Does it have something to do with the bandwidth of my server or what is it?

As for the Analytics, I could really not track the trend due to the time difference in the two but its not as strange as the cPanel log.

Also, I have 5 sub domains under my main domain. does having a subdomain stop it from getting more users?

It does not make any difference if I am having offline promotions, online promotions, seo ranking or sem. The could would just not increase more than 97.

Any help / suggestion regarding this would be highly appreciated. And yes, before I forget, the website is doing pretty good on organic searches in Google and MSN.

Thanks in advance.