The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

strange cpanel error in database backuping

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by LAZer, Mar 26, 2010.

1. LAZer

LAZer Well-Known Member

hi i have bought a new server today and i wanted to move all hosts from my old server to the new one .
    i have used the fullbackup ( full backup homedir ) feature per cpanel account , to move them server by server from remote ftp . because i didnt wanted to move all cpanel from old server to new server.

here is what i have done :
    1-on old server went to whm and then user cpanels and backup --> generate full backup --> remote ftp.
    2- after the backup file is sent to remote server used this command to restore acoount by account.

/scripts/restorepkg acc

after that checked hdd usage size of accounts in "list of accounts " when every thing was the same i deleted old server accounts.

now the new dns es are set and i see that in some of accounts some databases is not copied ! about 12 mysql databases is not compressed and moved to the new server . and thankgod they are still in
    /var/lib/mysql of old server.

but why such a error happend :(
    it means some how cpanel couldnot detect which db is belongd to which user when processing the backup ?

how to fix it ?
    any solutions ?

2. LAZer

LAZer Well-Known Member

i have manually download ed the database directory from old server , uploaded them to the new server via ftp , and used the following command on them
    chown -R mysql:mysql db
    and also chmod them to 660

they are now viewing in users cpanel , and are working , is there any other options that i should set for they working properly ?