The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange cpanel issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dantium, Feb 23, 2009.

1. dantium

dantium Member

Something odd has occurred for no apparent reason and i can not work out whats going on, some help would be great.

Firstly i started getting some mysql errors, tables that crashed and need to be repaired, i resolved that by repairing the tables. Also I started getting errors in some PHP scripts trying to access different domains on the same server.

The main problem for now is the mail is not being forwarded for what it seems is all domains. I don't know if its some sort of DNS issue as the websites are working.

This is what i found in /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log

2009-02-23 06:09:57 info [cpsrvd] dig failed the usability test!

query failed: query timed out
    2009-02-23 06:10:15 info [cpsrvd] /usr/local/cpanel/src/3rdparty/perl/perldig failed the usability test!

2009-02-23 06:10:15 warn [cpsrvd] No working dig found! at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/DnsRoots.pm line 498
    Cpanel::DnsRoots::_getdigutil() called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/DnsRoots.pm line 405
    Cpanel::DnsRoots::_dig('cachetime', 30, 'nsips', ARRAY(0x834cea8), 'query', 'auth.cpanel.net') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/DnsRoots.pm line 145
    Cpanel::DnsRoots::_find_nameservers('auth.cpanel.net', 30, HASH(0x84b1554)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/DnsRoots.pm line 56
    Cpanel::DnsRoots::fetchnameservers('auth.cpanel.net') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/DnsRoots.pm line 341
    Cpanel::DnsRoots::_resolveIpAddress('auth.cpanel.net') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/CpKeyClt.pm line 160
    eval {...} called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/CpKeyClt.pm line 142
    Cpanel::CpKeyClt::cpkeyclt() called at perl/Cpanel/cpsrvd.so.pl line 37

Some help would be great, what can i do to resolve this problem?

Thanks

-Daniel

2. dantium

dantium Member

Ok i checked the resolv.conf and the IPs in there stops being DNS servers for some reason so i changed the IPs to the 2 nameservers of the same machine and the mail is delivering ok now.

But still i have a PHP problem which would seem to be related to this:

getting some errors like this:

php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known

Anyone have any ideas?

3. dantium

dantium Member

resolved

OK this situation has resolved it self fully it would seem after i rebooted the server a few times. However i would like to double check, is it safe to have the resolver IPs (in the resolv.conf) point to the 2 NS IPs of the same machine?

-Dan

4. ItMan

ItMan Registered

OS - FreeBSD 6.2 ?