The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange Domain issue after transfer

Discussion in 'Security' started by stuart.mccollum, Feb 4, 2015.

1. stuart.mccollum

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Guys,
    I am having an extremely strange problem, I transferred an old site from Plesk to cPanel this morning.

I was getting the internal server 500 error and when I looked at the error logs I got a message saying the directory was writable by group, I changed the permission and refreshed the site and it worked perfectly, however when I refreshed the page the old internal server 500 error re-appeared and the writable by group error appeared in the error logs.

I changed everything back again however the same things happens, each time I change the permissions and visit the site it works and then stops when you click a link or refresh the page.

Thinking it was a wordpress hack issue I replaced the entire wordpress site keeping only the plugins, uploads, themes and wp-config file however this didn't fix anything.

I tried disabling all plugins but this didn't help either, I tried disabling themes as well but again nothing.

I have no idea why this is happening and I am hoping you guys can help.

I really hope you guys can help me out on this one, it worked perfectly before I transferred the site and I only updated it to 4.1 last week as well as updating all the plugins.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  3. stuart.mccollum

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I found a very sneaky little piece of code at the bottom of the wp-config file that was causing this to happen.

All fixed and back up now.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator