The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange E-mail issue

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Tom Pyles, Mar 7, 2003.

1. Tom Pyles

Tom Pyles Well-Known Member

I had a user report to me that when he is checking is mail via Outlook Express, his computer was freezing up. It happened everytime OE checked a particular account. I thought he was having a problem with Outlook, however, I'm now getting other users reporting the same issue. One guy is pretty upset because he ended up having to do an entire restore on his PC because of the freeze-up. Everyone is reporting that during send/receive their resources will shoot up to 100% and the comp will freeze.

Now, has anyone else seen this and any idea what the heck could be causing it. I'm very concerned particularly since several users on different servers are reporting it.

2. hostcp3

hostcp3 Well-Known Member

When you say it can't because of server, I would have to say that certain websites and the way pages were configured have caused my computer to freeze and other problems on occassions.

Websites and addresses that I have visited have some wild code and even though I am not certain that the server could cause this I would not say it isn't.

we haven't had any feedback from clients of such an issue with checking mail, does it do it when they use imap?

3. gic

gic Well-Known Member

thephantom is correct. OE can't freeze because of a server. The thing it might do is freeze if they have overloaded folders in their outlook.

This could also happen if they use IMAP and their folders are filled. I guess outlook could freeze if their computer's specs weren't high enough. High enough means anything with 16 MB ram and Windows 95+ and a 66 MHz processor or better. Heh.