The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange error emails after new update to WHM 11.30.0

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by no1son_uk, Jun 2, 2011.

1. no1son_uk

no1son_uk Registered

1st post so go easy please.. :)

My server was run like a dream for the last 18 months but after WHM 11.30.0 update, CENTOS 5.6 x86_64 standard on server, 48 hours ago I keep getting 2 emails into my inbox during the night if anyone could point me in the right direction on how or what these problems are I would be greatfull after searching on the net I cant seem to find a definitive answer! :( Cheers

1) Comes from Cron Daemon- “[cpbackup] Setting I/O priority to reduce system load: best-effort: prio 3”

I have checked average loads and they seem fine and I only have 20 small websites on it taking up about 25 gb of disk space, backup runs ok and takes less than 15 minutes to complete.

2) Comes from cPanel ChkServd Service Monitor - cpanellogd failed @ Thu Jun 2 02:17:00 2011. A restart
    was attempted automagically.
    Service Check Method: [check command]
    Number of Restart Attempts: 1
    Cmd Service Check Raw Output: cpanellogd is not running

I have checked my server in the server status tab and all the services seems to be running fine just get a bit worried when I start getting emails telling me there’s something wrong.

2. laowsmith

laowsmith Registered

I have the same problem going back a few days now with the "Cmd Service Check Raw Output: cpanellogd is not running" error.

I get the warning email once a day ... I have tried restarting all services, no change ... and it seems to be causing no ill effect, but it is nonetheless worrying, so anyone who can help it woudl be great!!

3. MaraBlue

MaraBlue Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Same issue here, also after upgrading to 11.30.

4. murlin99

murlin99 Member

We are also seeing this email show up after the upgrade. When I check cpanellogd after seeing the email it is a running process. Have not really gone into troubleshooting mode yet since I saw that other hosts are seeing the same issue.

5. no1son_uk

no1son_uk Registered

Phew…thank god its not only me! so far everything still seems to be running smoothly but hopefully some will pop along soon and put us all out of our misery. lol :)

6. toolsmythe

toolsmythe Member

7. MaraBlue

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I restarted cPanel 2 days ago and haven't seen the error email since. Whether that's a coincidence, or if a fix was pushed out through upcp, I don't know. I would expect upcp/the nightly update restarts cPanel on it's own, so I'm not sure what my restarting it would have done differently. Or maybe I just have the magic touch. :)

8. toolsmythe

toolsmythe Member

I stopped getting these about the same time without a reboot. I'm guessing they pushed through a fix, no disrespect to your magic touch <grin>.

9. no1son_uk

no1son_uk Registered

I also noticed that I stopped getting my upcp emails but after re saving the email address in the contact manger it appeared to have fixed that one.

but still got the [cpbackup] Setting I/O priority to reduce system load: best-effort: prio 3 again last night which is strange :confused:

10. MaraBlue

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Buhahahahaha!!! Thank you, that's the first time in *counts on fingers* 6 years or so a post in this forum has made me literally LOL :)

I'll just keep thinking it was my special cpanel restart...it's all in the wrist...

11. MaraBlue

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    ...and it's back. *sigh*

12. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    This should be fixed in 11.30.0.27+. There were a number of events in cpbackup that would print information to STDOUT, rather than to the backup log. When run via cron, output to STDOUT will result in an email being generated by the cron daemon. We changed the behavior of these events to no longer trigger the email.

13. dkg

dkg Member

I am on 11.30.0 build 29 RELEASE and still seeing these emails.