The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange File Manager issue [moved]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chousho, Dec 24, 2005.

1. chousho

chousho Registered

Strange File Manager issue

Well, I like to use File Manager to edit my html/php files, as it's quicker for me than constant uploading.

The only thing though is, after I edit a file, and open it back up, I notice there's an extra carriage return added at the end of the file. So, for example, if I edit the file 20 times, it'll have 20 carriage returns. I am currently hosted at http://www.midphase.com/, and was told to come here.

I'm not completely sure, but the image at the top of CP says CPanel 9, so I'm assuming that's the version number.

2. Izzee

Izzee Well-Known Member

Your hosting provider should not send you here as this is a community forum for cPanel licence holders to help each other and is not a 'company cPanel' support forum as such. Your hosting provider should come here and ask questions on your behalf or they should raise a support ticket request with the company cPanel. Most cPanel issues are not able to be fixed by you the 'hosting client cPanel GUI user'. Please inform them of this response.
    Thank you.
    By the way the latest cPanel version is 10.8.1 so your hosting provider is way behind and should upgrade his installations which might fix the issues you are having anyway. ;)

:)

#2 Izzee, Dec 24, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2005
  3. chousho

chousho Registered

Hmm, interesting

Thanks for the tips, and I'll create a ticket over there.

Thanks!