The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange Inter-Server Redirecting

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by slaterino, Jun 9, 2016.

1. slaterino

slaterino Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,
    I have two domains on my VPS and they have started behaving very strangely. For some reason pages from example.com are appearing on Google as if they are from example.co.uk. For example, if you search - removed - in Google you will see that there are pages indexed like https://www.example.co.uk/page/52/ and https://www.example.co.uk/page/77/ which are in fact leading to a copy of the example.com index page.

Additionally, when I send emails from any email address @example.com to email addresses @example.co.uk the emails are being redirected to info@example.com, i.e. they are not being sent to the @example.co.uk email addresses.

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this before? Any ideas how I can find out the cause of this problem?

Best,
    Russ

#1 slaterino, Jun 9, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
  2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Both domains are using the same IP address. You can check both domains using a site like intodns.com, scroll to bottom of results to find the WWW A Record section.

3. slaterino

slaterino Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Sure, they both have the same IP address. They're both on the same VPS, which has just one IP address. However, neither of the two problems listed above has ever happened before. I'm pretty certain that the two sites having the same IP address would not be the sole cause of the problem.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator